Home of Ultimate Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Home of Ultimate Force

World of Warcraft Guild on Hydraxis Server - Alliance

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new rule:priority to tank and healer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darcose

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Information on the Members
Main Character Class: Shaman
Main Character Spec: elemental
Alt 1 (70 Karazhan Keyed):

new rule:priority to tank and healer Empty
PostSubject: new rule:priority to tank and healer   new rule:priority to tank and healer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 1:49 pm

First of all, i don't want to start any drama here. I just want to give my point of view on this rule.
When a new patch comes out, there are always some classes that get nerfed and some that get boosted. We all know that. When that happens, and a class gets nerfed, do we give priority loot to the class that has been nerfed? I have never seen it in the past, unless i missed it completely. Everybody survived all the patches and all still got fairly geared, even the classes that have been nerfed. The tank will get nerfed in the next patch, ok, so what? All classes have been nerfed at one point, now it's the tank's turn. Why should they get priority in loot, when it was never done for the other classes before?
Now please dont give me the argument that tanks are more important than others. Of course without a tank, raid doesn't go anywhere...but it's the same for other classes. A tank without healer can't go nowhere, as a tank or a healer without dps cannot go nowhere either. All classes have a role to play in a raid, and all are as important as the others. I am sure that all classes are trying to do their best in a raid, in order to achieve success. So in my opinion, every member of the raid is equally important to the success.
With the loot system that we had up to now, all classes have been able to fairly geared their character, even if they were nerfed or not. So why changing it? Personaly i don't think it's a good thing, and i'm not the only one to think like that.
Like I said at the beginning, i don't want to start a drama. I'm just voicing my views on the subject. Isn't that what this forum is about?
On a second note, when big decision like that are taken, wouldn't it be more democratic to consult the members on the subject to have their input on it? I understand that officers are there to take decisions, and thats fine. They don't have to consult the members on everything. But in this case, i think it was important enough to do so.
The role of GM and officers is to try to have happy members, generaly speaking. Again, i know that everyone cannot be pleased all the time. I had my own guild at one time, so i know about it.
Again, please don't take this a blame; I just wanted to give two cents opinion, in a positive criticism.
Take care all.
Back to top Go down
merodne
Guild Master
Guild Master

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Main Character Class: Warlock
Main Character Spec: 41/0/20

PostSubject: Re: new rule:priority to tank and healer   new rule:priority to tank and healer Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:21 am

Couple things about this,

When talking about this change, the progression of the guild was the basis, not to give certain players priority on gear. So everyone knows, no one was thrilled with the idea in the first place, but we thought that progession is becoming important to many players, and we should do somethings to make the learning curve alitlle easier. Most progession guild do give tanks and healers prio on gear or run a DKP system. However...we are a casual guild. I also think that loot tends to take care of its self, and you should be geared enough going into a new raid without ever getting a drop in there. Bliz has made it painfully easy to adaquitly gear your toon without spending countless hours raiding and hoping you win a roll on a drop. Outside of gear, you should have your build optimized, rotations down and do any research you can on the fight so you are prepared for whats coming.

We discussed this issue again after last weekends raid. We have decided to revert back to our standard +1 loot system. With healers getting prio on mp5 items and dps on hit items.

The reason for this is pretty simple. We are a guild, we have always approached it as gearing an entire guild for progression. Also, I want to promote a sense of teamwork and comrodary. So I am going to ask a couple things from members that raid often. If you are raiding week after week and been fortunate on rolls, and you know someone that rolls on simular items hasn't been as fortunate...please default a piece here and there to them. It happens often, and frankly its one of the things that makes being GM worth while. The PEOPLE in this guild are the best on the server, period.

As far as the trophies go. If you do not have enough Emblems to use one or have one in your bag already, please refrain from rolling on them. They drop every kill, we've put them on their own +1. If you can't use them right away, please don't roll against someone that can. We arent going to be checking or making you step outside to spend it, or anything like that. I'm just asking that you think about your fellow guildie and understand we are all in this for the long haul and the people that can use them should get them before we are able to horde them in our bags. If you are a couple emblems away then by all means roll...but if you are like me and have like 4 emblems... Smile please pass.

I know we do things a little different than most guilds, please remember that this guild is set up for the members no matter how much time they can log. If you wear our tag, you are an equal. When you are able to play, you get to do things alot of players never get to. Its hard to balance that sometimes. We do have a group of players that expect to progress...and we do try to do things to accomidate them. And those players make it possible for the guildies that cant spend the time to still expirience the thrill of completeing a raid.

We've been on this server along time, we've been thru things that break up alot of guilds. We still stand strong among the top raiding guilds and the top social/casual guilds. That not an easy balancing act.

I want to thank every member of this guild for your dedication, without you, we arent the Ultimate Force.

Mero
Back to top Go down
cyderris

Number of posts : 7
Class : mage
spec : arcane 57/3/11
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Main Character Class: Mage
Main Character Spec: arcane 57/3/11

PostSubject: Re: new rule:priority to tank and healer   new rule:priority to tank and healer Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:21 am

Well said Mero...
I can only speak for myself, and after careful consideration, believe that the new loot rule is for the betterment of the guild as far as progression and end-game content. Getting shiny new loots is everyone's objective when raiding (at least mine Very Happy ), but we have to remember that healers and tanks are at a premium and they have to be geared to progress. I would say that we have the 10 man raids on farm and the 25's aren't far behind. We all have to be patient. We will all get geared and move on as a guild. We have some solid raiders who get the job done and in the long run, will help the rest of the guild get geared and progress. Our guild is tight and we have to keep it that way. I don't envy any GM's job to say the least. The officers are doing an awesome job, keep it up. That is all

Cyd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new rule:priority to tank and healer   new rule:priority to tank and healer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new rule:priority to tank and healer
Page 1 of 1